Today was so tiring, but I am so happy.
The annual Health Fair was today for area elementary schools. It is held in the ballroom at the Ball State Student Center. All of the Health Science classes have been working on these boards, lesson plans, and ideas for months! My group and I did a wonderful job on the dental hygiene presentation, and the kids loved it! :) It made me so happy to see their smiling faces, knowing they learned something. I cannot wait to be a teacher. I found a verse that fits perfectly with my profession, and how I want to be as a future teacher:
"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
(Psalms 127:3-5 ESV)
I only hope that one day, Jesus will say this to me. That I will be told I was a good and faithful servant. I want to be Jesus' face and hands and feet to my future students, and to any parent of a student I come in contact with in the future. I am so blessed to have found a calling that I am passionate about, and love so much!
Over the past couple of weeks, my life has been so busy. I have had little time to sit down and focus on God's word. I prayed today each time I touched, made eye contact with, or spoke to a child, that I would show them love, acceptance, and His grace. At times, it was hard, but I found it a HUGE blessing to know I was there for a reason for each of those little faces. I cannot wait to start my journey in the "real world" as a teacher who loves "her" kids, but shows His grace and mercy.
Love,
Sierra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment