Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Seasons

I don't know if it's just the season change, but this time of year is really hard for me.  My mood changes, my body aches, and I feel down.  Lot's of things go on in the fall, and I love the weather, but for some reason...I just don't FEEL anything.  The leaves changing into beautiful colors, the wind becoming colder, and the sky turning grey just makes me want to stay inside and admire God's work.  It's my favorite season, just because I get to wear jeans and a sweatshirt everyday.  I don't have to put an outfit together, I just throw stuff on.  :)

Another thing I have noticed about this season is how relationships are affected.  With the whole mood changing thing, I think each person in the relationship becomes a little on edge and uninterested, therefore causing issues.  It's not the happiest season, in fact, it is known not to be.  People are starting to have to turn their heat on and stay inside, causing a little cabin fever.  I love the outdoors and being in the sunshine.  It's hard to stay inside all day, knowing there isn't really another choice.  Don't get me wrong...sitting in my sweats, drinking hot cocoa, and bundled in a few blankets makes me feel content, but that contentment begins to wear off once the season gets longer and longer.

I'm not quite sure what I feel right now, or if I feel anything at all, but I do know that when seasons change,  people change.  Anyone with me???

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! As I sit under my "full spectrum" lamp here at the office trying to ward off the evil one who is trying to overtake my brain! I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know exactly what you mean! its actually a scientific word. haha seasonal affective disorder aka sad. how ironic! haha i get this so bad. love you!

    Marie :)

    ReplyDelete