Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stolen

Some may think of the world "stolen" as something negative.  Well, the meaning of that word completely changed in my life when I heard the song, "Stolen" by Brandon Heath.  Yes, I am on a Brandon Heath binge right now.  His new album is incredibly powerful and brings my heart so much joy when I can relate to the songs he sings.  It's like he perfectly describes my every feeling.  :)  This song, "Stolen" truly spoke words of my struggles, and how God helped me overcome them.

I am going to break down the lyrics to further describe how they relate to my life, and hopefully they can relate to you as well:

I'm a fugitive 
Running from the life that I was meant to live 
Looking for somewhere that I can lay my head 
I'm lucky if I make it through the night 
But I can't sleep 
Knowing that You're one more step ahead of me 
I'm a fool for ever thinking You'd just let me go 
That's not the way it's ever gone before 
I'm Yours 


Jesus really became one of the last things/people I thought about a few months ago.  He was my Savior, but I ignored Him and tried to live my life without conviction of my constant sin.  I did things I always promised I wouldn't.  I put people about my Savior.  I was living my life in the dark and knew it, but refused to change it.  I felt if I had changed it my boyfriend would leave me, my friends wouldn't like me, and I would feel left out of the loop of the world.  How stupid.  :(  God wasn't going to let me live the rest of my life like that.  He interceded when I least expected it...when I wasn't paying any attention.


You catch me like a thief in the night 
You hold me when I put up a fight 
You chase me when I run from Your light 
Because You love, You won't give up 
'Til my heart is stolen 



How true this chorus is.  He caught me like a thief in the night (when I least expected it).  He held me when I put up a fight (living in sin and refusing to change).  He chased me when I ran from His light (showed me I couldn't lose Him and needed to turn around and go the other way).  His love never gave up on me...but someone else's did.  My boyfriend's love faded and he left me.  He (and I) knew it wouldn't work if we were on separate paths.  Jesus stole my heart.  :)  He knew it was the only way I would listen...to take away someone I put all of of my faith and love in, instead of Him.  I see it now, like I never had before.


I'm trying to understand that life comes after dying 
To embrace that I'm a slave until I'm captured 
But You would never use a lock or a key 
'Cause I am free 


I had to accept what happened and the death I felt inside my heart.  I had to accept that things would be better.  God has a glorious plan for my life, way more than I had for myself.  I can never imagine or plan out a life for me that could compare to His plan for me.  He never used a lock or a key on me.  He gave me the choice to accept it.  I am free when I have Jesus in my heart.  I feel so open to love and life, now. I have escaped the power and hold Satan and sin had on me.  :)  God captured me and never let go.

I could change my name, cover all my tracks 
But I'm wrong to think I could lose the past 
'Cause You found me here and You took me back 
Once a criminal, now a prodigal



I am truly changed.  I was a criminal and now I am a prodigal.  :)  Praise God for his love and faith in me, and the changes I have made!  It took me a really long time to realize how wonderfully powerful a life lived for God could be.  Now I am experiencing joy I have never felt before, and my heart is on fire! I love my true Savior, Jesus Christ.  :)  He stole my heart, and no one will ever steal it back...


Psalm 147:3 
He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your cares upon him; for he cares for you.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. 

Proverbs 3:5,6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to those that have a broken heart, and he saves those who have a contrite spirit.


Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I could go on forever, but I will leave it up to you to trust that God has a plan, and He will show you the joy like you have never felt before.  I hope this encourages you to take a step back and reflect on your life...are you living the way God intended, or are you living it for others and for yourself?  Let Him steal your heart away from all those distractions and your heart will be filled with His love!  :)  It's incredible and hard to describe, but you won't ever want to go back...

No comments:

Post a Comment